Find out more about Learning Disability Services from Social Services at the link below
To receive Social Services support people must first have an assessment by the Community Support Team.
Local services include:
– special needs services for people with a profound learning disability and/or a physical, sensory or communication disability
– day centres for older people with a learning disability
– social and educational opportunities which link in with local community facilities
– a service that promotes and develops skills training and work-related opportunities
– a flexible community service which encourages greater independence and offers opportunities develop skills, abilities and knowledge to take control of day to day living.
– a support service for adults with a learning disability who have more complex needs or behaviours that challenge
– a residential service which provides both planned and emergency temporary accommodation to those unable to stay in their own homes
– respite services offering planned and emergency short stays as well as a break for carers
There is more information about Social Services Day and Community Services in our factsheet: Day and Community Services for Adults with a Learning Disability Fact Sheet